“My staff does not have the right skills to do their job well.”
Underperformance can be the result of a lack of knowledge and skills in a job role. To improve performance and enhance productivity, it is important to understand skills and competencies required in different job roles.
Appropriate resources need to be provided for learning solutions that can close actual skills gaps, hence boosting staff morale and engagement, and leading to improvements in job performance over time.
Deciding on what to train requires conducting a Training Needs Analysis (TNA) which includes:
- Clarifying the current and future performance requirements for roles in the organisation
- Determining the skills gap of staff in terms of their current Knowledge, Skills and Attitude (KSA)
- Determining the needs and requirements for workplace learning
- Determining the costs and benefits of workplace learning
- Establishing a total company training plan (TCTP)
Back to top