Leadership Practices that Foster a Learning Culture
The organisation establishes policies and practices that foster a learning-friendly culture.
Leaders consistently communicate that learning is essential for the organisation’s growth and success in the medium and long term.
Promoting continuous learning at work is recognised as an essential leadership task.
Fostering a learning culture through enlightened leadership practices include:
- Strengthening the skill of managers to coach, mentor and motivate staff to learn
- Encouraging and supporting staff in their personal learning and development
- Providing platforms and resources that support learning
- Supporting peer learning at work
- Assessing the impact of learning on staff