Some leaders are very good at their job but they do not know how to coach staff or promote learning to help the staff be self-driven learners.
Leaders can foster a learning culture within the organisation by promoting learning as a key value in the organisation. They can be good role-models for learning by upgrading their own skills and knowledge continuously and sharing their knowledge and skills through coaching and mentoring.
- Strengthening the skill of managers to coach, mentor and motivate staff to learn
- Encouraging and supporting staff in their personal learning and development
- Providing platforms and resources that support learning
- Supporting peer learning at work
- Assessing the impact of learning on staff
Back to top